How to get the most out of your headshots session!
1. Write a list of LOOKS you are going for: (be specific)
- Fun and warm mom
- Detective who can kick some ass
- Top negotiator lawyer
- Fierce super hero
- Pilates spunky instructor
2. Watch some current commercials, TV shows and films to see how these people dress. Take a snap shot of it on your phone as reference.
3. Go shop for some new outfits! Pick some colors and looks you won't normally wear everyday. Have fun with it!
4. Take a headshot and a full body shot of every outfit you try on to see how your skin tone looks with the shirt on.
5. Pick 2 outfits for each look from your list.
6. Go home, do your hair and makeup like you would for an audition then put the outfits on.
7. Take a headshot and body shot of each look. (try it with different earrings, necklace and glasses, hair up, half way up, straight, pulled back, down)
For men, gel it back, sideways or natural.
8. Almost there! Think about how the outfit made you feel when you sleep that night, think of a specific line, something you would say as that person in that outfit. For example, Fun and warm mom would say, "Let's get ready for the park, Sky!" (make it active as if you are speaking to a real person!) "Top negotiator lawyer would say, "You are gonna lose. Don't even try."
9. Get a good night rest! Put a face mask on overnight to hydrate and plum the skin. (Sephora has individual masks for sale, Target sells individual masks by Alba Bontanicals for less than $6 or head to TJ Max/Marshall's for boxes of face masks less than $10)
10. Drink a huge glass of filtered water when you wake up! Make a green smoothie (Recipe here) for breakfast!
11. Stretch your face during the drive there so you won't get stiff smiling at the camera.
12. Talk to your photographer about what you want from your shoot, don't be afraid to ask questions, play music you dig during the shoot to get you in the mood.
13. Keep the tags on your outfits so you can return them once the shoot is over. If it's in your budget, it is good to keep them for future auditions and filming your SLATE SHOTS for Actors Access page. I'll do another blog on that soon:)
14. Have FUN!! Use your eyes! It's all ABOUT THE EYES! Try different expressions, crack yourself up, about to burst into tears, make love to the camera, you just won the biggest case of your life, etc...you get the drill.
For more videos SUBSCRIBE to my youtube channel!
More funny videos & #actorlife #motherhood #healthyliving #beautytips pics on Instagram! http://www.instagram.com/kikiscfgrace
An Asian Chick's Guide to Loving Yourself in 365 Days Blog at
Tune into Kiki's Youtube channel for more funny inspiring videos!
Love Yourself Champ, Transformer on Screen & Stage, Mommy of Sky, Asians in Media Activist, Producer.