❤️ SUPER MOMMIES! DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF? ❤️ HOW TO STAY CONNECTED & BE YOUR OWN BFF! I LOVE ME WORKOUT YOU CAN DO EVERYDAY!
A fellow mom and actress messaged me on Instagram. She shared her frustration as a mom of two kids trying to pursue her dream of acting. She asked me how I juggle parenting so well since she always puts her kids first. My first reaction was "Really? I do?" So I filmed this video and wrote this in response to her question! Here are the exercises I practice to STAY IN LOVE WITH MYSELF (sounds corny? Just think of all the corny, cheesy stuff you did for the love of your life)! I also share some free resources at the end of the blog, so be sure to CLICK AND ENJOY:)
Let's be real, learning to love myself in the beginning was hard. Learning to be my own best friend was like "WHAT!!? Can't I just go meet some new BFF'S? I don't have time for this!" When I first started taking better care of myself, I wasn't even sure if I "LIKED" myself let alone "LOVE MYSELF." I put it off for years because there was always something or someone that needed my attention more! I'm still a work in progress and just today I was talking mad shit to myself.
I was feeling defeated and started telling myself that I wasn't good enough, I suck, blah blah blah and on and on, you get the drill. Then suddenly I remembered what my therapist said to me last year, "It must be very overwhelming for you? You have so much on your plate." I snapped out of my self-pity and reminded myself that I would never ever talk like that to any of my BFF's, so why would I talk to myself like that?
Here are the list of phrases I say to comfort and praise myself:
You are a wonderful mother.
You are doing your best.
You are moving forward.
You are worth it.
You are safe.
You must be overwhelmed.
You are handling everything very efficiently.
Here's a good one! "YOU ARE AMAZING!!!"
I HAVE TO PUT MYSELF FIRST SOMETIMES and NOT FEEL GUILTY OR BAD about it! This is my way of showing my 19 months old baby boy how he can go after his dreams and make them a reality too! But bottom line, it's up to YOU to create the life you desire, right?
And when I put my energy into acting, writing, producing, going out on castings, booking the job, attending casting workshops & acting classes, connecting with other artists, following up with contacts, going on an artist date, setting and reaching personal and artistic career goals however small they might be (even just connecting with another actor every month or self-submitting myself on LA Casting once a day, getting a $20 one hour foot massage, doing a 10 minute mediation exercise to clear my head), it feels fantastic to be working on something that I LOVE - MYSELF!!
So what I'm saying is, do something that makes YOU happy everyday! MAKE IT A HABIT! You will be happier and the people around you will be happier because you are happier!
Try this "I LOVE ME WORKOUT":
1. Make a list of phrases that speaks to you. Real sentences that you would say to your BFF's when they are feeling like shit.
2. Direct those sentences to yourself. Don't let the self-pity and defeat fester, it will drain you of your joy and peace.
3. USE YOUR IPHONE CAMERA, HIT RECORD, LOOK INTO THE CAMERA'S EYE and direct those sentences to yourself with love. NOW SAY "I LOVE YOU, YOUR NAME." Say this as many times as you like. Say it like you are saying this to your kids, the love of your life, your BFF!
4. Playback the video and WATCH it. (It is very IMPORTANT you SEE YOURSELF.)
5. RIGHT AWAY Jot down your thoughts and feelings in a LOVE YOURSELF journal:) This will help you track your progress! Maybe those journals can turn into your own one woman show or book! - I'll be offering a life changing course in my store on "how to build your own one person show, get it reviewed and produced!"
FINAL STEP! 6. Write down this question and answer it. What are the 3 QUALITIES YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF? CLOSE YOUR EYES. FEEL THE QUESTION. FEEL THE ANSWERS.
I'll answer first to give you some inspiration!
I love that I am so feisty.
I love that I forgive easily.
I love that I'm always encouraging those around me.
Suddenly, everything I love about myself will come pouring out!
If this happens, write those down too! YAY!
In the spirit of preaching what I say, I posted my I LOVE YOU, KIKI video on Instagram. Video link on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BSETnq5FiqS/
Begin to have loving conversations with yourself. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL WHAT YOU FEEL! Cheer yourself on.
Observations of moms and dads at auditions and rehearsals with multiple kids:
1. All of them have some type of childcare, babysitter, or the other parent helping while they go on auditions, classes, and rehearsals.
2. When they don't have anyone to help, somehow (I can testify to this) the universe always create a situation where it's acceptable to bring the kid(s) to the audition or rehearsal.
3. When I book a job, somehow, I was always able to arrange someone to help watch my son. It's really usually only a few hours to half a day, so it's very manageable.
In the next blog, I'll get in depth on the topic of energy clearing. You can read my other blog on "I was Fat for an Asian Girl Too!" Here, I share my pain and struggle from dealing with a binge eating dis-ease that took me 13 years to overcome! Wow! That's a long time! But doing the energy clearing really helps me calm down, stay grounded and not overeat (except for the times I gorged on Korean BBQ, all you can eat sushi and Mongolian hot pot! LOL) But what I learned from my 13 years struggle with weight, food and body image issues is that our weight is really connected to our thought life. Again...more on that in the next blog!
Here's to your health! May we all live a happy and spirit filled, purpose driven life! I LOVE YOU. I BELIEVE IN YOU. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS! READ MORE! BINGE READ! Visit my other LOVE YOURSELF BLOGS, for other blog entries ranging from meditation, prayer to forgiveness and how to say no. START WITH THIS ONE.
WATCH OTHER LOVE YOURSELF VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE HERE!
They are quick and to the point simple exercises and all under 2 minutes. REMEMBER! JUST EVEN A FEW MINUTES A DAY CAN CHANGE YOUR OVERALL WELL BEING and THOUGHT LIFE. I hope these videos inspire you and light some fire under your booty!!!:)
IF YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG, SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
OTHER FREE RESOURCES!
SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE ARTICLE ON 7 WAYS TO LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF UNCONDITIONALLY!
A POWERFUL YOUTUBE VIDEO ON HOW TO STAY FOCUS
Let's be friends on social media!
Follow me on Instagram Facebook Twitter
SUBSCRIBE on myYOUTUBE channel for more VIDEOS this will encourage me to make more VIDEOS!
Tune into Kiki's Youtube channel for more funny inspiring videos!
Love Yourself Champ, Transformer on Screen & Stage, Mommy of Sky, Asians in Media Activist, Producer.